Moonbys’ Payment Terms
Last updated: April 4, 2021
The following terms (these “Payment Terms”) govern payments you make to www.moonbys.com (the “Site”), operated by MOONBYS Ltd. (UK established limited company)
Moonbys Ltd. accepts bank transfers via its Wise business account. We accept card payments via Stripe with our Moonbys’ Stripe business account. We accept some cryptocurrency payments via our own crypto wallets.
Moonbys Ltd. and its subsidiaries, are collectively referred hereto as “Moonbys” “we”, “our” or “us”.
Please read these Payment Terms carefully before making any payments to the Site. By paying to the Site, you accept and agree, on behalf of yourself or on behalf of your employer or any other entity (if applicable), to be bound and abide by these Payment Terms. These Terms are supplemental to Moonbys’ General Terms of Service.
Purchasing from the MOONBYS Official Store or from a MOONBYS Official Vendor or Subsidiary
- Moonbys only receives payments/funds/money from users who become vendors and from buyers who order one of our official products or services.
- Vendors pay Moonbys for having their own online store space within MOONBYS and for the use of our online selling tools. (More information about these tools can be found in our Terms of Service page.)
- Moonbys charges a commission on sales from external vendors, when they are registered with a free membership plan.
- Moonbys charges a membership fee, when an external vendor signs up for one of our membership plans.
- Moonbys accepts membership payments through traditional bank transfers, Stripe and some of the most known cryptocurrencies.
(Any user registered as a vendor, who is not a Moonbys official vendor or a Moonbys subsidiary)
- Vendors charge their customers directly for their products and services, depending on the payment method chosen by the Buyer and their agreements. Moonbys never handles, holds or delivers any of these funds. Moonbys may charge a commission on some external vendor sales. This commission (if any) will depend on your vendor membership plan. Moonbys never exchanges any currency and all prices are based on the GBP.
- Moonbys is not responsible for any cancelled orders by either buyers or external vendors.
- External vendors are always responsible for paying any direct or indirect taxes, including any VAT, GST or income tax, which may apply to them depending on residency, location or otherwise, under provisions of their jurisdiction. External vendors represent and warrant that they comply, and will comply at all times, with their obligations under income tax provisions in their jurisdiction. The price shown on the product/service page or on the order page, is inclusive of all such taxes and charges that may apply to the Vendor.
- Moonbys never charges any transaction fees, yet some vendors may choose to do so and third parties, like banks or Stripe, may also charge transaction fees. Moonbys is never responsible for any of these fees and external vendors, should always let their customers know about these fees before they make an order.
- Users who decide to create a vendor account, must pay Moonbys depending on their chosen membership plan. If external vendors do not pay for their agreed commissions or membership plans, their stores will be closed and their accounts banned.
- Buyers can place an order, purchase an item or service from a Vendor’s store, their product or their service page, using the Check Out Now button inside the basket page and via a traditional checkout page. Moonbys’ offers several payment options, such as traditional bank transfers, card payments via Stripe and some cryptocurrencies. Moonbys never receives or holds payments from Buyers to external vendors.
- Some payment methods may have fees and may take different times to complete. Traditional bank transfer fees are established by banks. Credit card, debit card or Stripe transaction fees are established by Stripe. Cryptocurrency payments may have blockchain transaction fees or other fees, which are established by the cryptocurrency selected as payment method (if applicable) or the cryptowallets used to make payments. None of these have anything to do with Moonbys or are provided by Us and Moonbys is not responsible for any of these external fees.
- Buyers and Vendors may choose to make or receive payments using any method other than through the methods mentioned above. Moonbys is not responsbile if you have been asked to use an alternative payment method or for any money transactions between buyers and external vendors. If you think anything is not right, please report it immediately to Customer Support or to the proper authorities.
- You agree to receive invoices and/or payment receipts from Moonbys in electronic form as PDF documents, by email or through the Site. External vendors are responsible for sending out their order invoices, for charging their customers and receiving their payments. Moonbys will never be responsbile for any invoices or payments involving buyers and external vendors.
- By using any payment method and/or providing payment details for making purchases on Moonbys, you represent and warrant that: (a) you are legally authorized to provide such information; (b) you are legally authorized or have permission to make payments using the payment method(s); (c) if you are an employee or agent of a company or person that owns the payment method, you are authorized by that company or person to use the payment method to make payments on Moonbys; and (d) such actions do not violate any applicable law.
Local currencies and Cryptocurrencies
- You can pay on Moonbys with GBP and with several cryptocurrencies. Unless stated otherwise, you will be charged in the currency displayed on the payment/check out page. Moonbys will never exchange any currency. All currency exchange services in connection with payments in local currencies are performed by External Payment Service Providers (these can be banks or Stripe depending on your selected payment method). In any event, the actual charged amount (in the actual and selected payment currency) will be clearly disclosed to you before you complete your payment.
- Note that all prices on Moonbys are derived always from their original GBP price and, therefore, non-GBP currency prices may change each hour or less. Buyers always have the option to pay in GBP by changing their selected displayed currency.
- If you paid for an item sold by Moonbys with a cryptocurrency, and you request a refund within the time limits or the order is cancelled, we will return your funds in that specific cryptocurrency, we never make refunds in a currency different from what we received and we will always make refunds to the same account or address that it came from. The total amount may vary depending on bank fees, Stripe fees or blockchain transaction fees,which will be covered by the Buyer. Moonbys is not liable for any price fluctuations in that specific currency. If you paid for an Order with a currency other than GBP and your Order was later cancelled for any reason or you request a refund within the time limits, the amount returned to you would be based on the exchange rate as of the date of cancellation. Therefore, the returned amount may vary from the paid amount in local currency terms, while always maintaining the same GBP value. Any currency exchange is not handled by Moonbys, these could be made by banks or by Stripe. Some bank transfer fees or Stripe fees may also apply to get your refund.
Moonbys Gems & Credits
In certain situations, Moonbys may offer you Moonbys Gems or credits (“Moonbys Credits” or “Credits”), either for promotional purposes or otherwise, to be used for purchasing products and/or services offered on the Site. Your available Credit balance will appear in your account. Your valid Moonbys Credits can be applied to your next purchase and can be viewed in your order summary after you place the order. Unless stated otherwise, Moonbys Credits will never expire. Moonbys Credits serve only as an incentive to use Moonbys, and, therefore, are not redeemable for cash, have no cash value and are nonrefundable. Once used, Moonbys Credits may not be returned to your account even if your Order gets canceled. Moonbys Credits may be subject to additional conditions and restrictions as will be disclosed to You upon receipt of the Credits. Credits may be voided in the event of fraud, misuse, or violation of these Terms. Moonbys reserves the right to modify or cancel the Moonbys Credits program at any time. If you or Moonbys deactivate or suspend your Moonbys account, any unused Moonbys Credits in your account will be forfeited.
Coupon and Promo Codes
From time to time we may offer you coupon or promo codes for purchasing products and/or services offered on the Site, on special discounts. Coupon and Promo Codes are valid only for purchases on Moonbys and are subject to different time limitations and will expire after their predefined term. To exercise your coupon or promo code, simply enter the code on the checkout page. If you fail to do so, your order will not be eligible for the discount. Coupon and Promo codes are limited to one use per user and may not be used or combined with any other promotion. For orders that are composed of one or more items, the coupon or promo code will apply to the total of the order. Coupon or Promo Codes do not apply to Moonbys Credits. Coupon or Promo codes may be subject to additional conditions and restrictions as will be disclosed to you upon receipt of the codes. Coupon and Promo codes may be voided in the event of fraud, misuse, or violation of the Terms of Service. Moonbys reserves the right to modify or cancel coupon and promo codes at any time.
- Moonbys may be required by applicable laws to charge users with direct or indirect taxes (such as VAT, GST, Sales Tax or capital gains). If these apply, users will be able to see these charges before completing their orders.
- Vendors may have to pay direct or indirect taxes on their sale commissions and/or membership plans.
- Indirect taxes are in addition to the price shown on the site, and in any event, any such taxes will always be displayed to the Buyer or Vendor before payment.
- Users are responsible for paying any direct or indirect taxes, including any VAT, GST, income tax or capial gains, which may apply to them depending on residency, location or otherwise, under provisions of their jurisdiction.
- Moonbys is never responsbile for the taxes that external vendors should pay on their products and/or services sales. Vendors have full responsibility about their taxes and Moonbys will cooperate with authorities, if requested for information on a specific vendor or transaction.
Disputes and Cancellations
We encourage our Buyers and Vendors to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact Moonbys’ Customer Support at any time for assistance.
- Order cancellations can be performed on Moonbys, when eligible, by Customer Support, but external vendors must let their customers know about their cancellation and refund terms, before they make an order. Vendors can establish these terms through their store dashboard.
- In the event that you encounter an issue related to the product or service provided in an order, you are encouraged to use the Site’s tools to attempt to resolve the matter. Moonbys is not responsible for any of the products or services offered by external vendors. This includes order completion, delivery, shipping, handling, taxing, fees, product or service issues.
- Moonbys, reserves the right to cancel orders for any suspected fraudulent transactions made on the Site and we will report these situations to the proper authorities.
- All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to the Buyer shall be subject to full payment and the delivery may not be used if payment is canceled for any reason.
- If an order is canceled (for any reason), vendors should return any funds related to that order, to their buyers. Moonbys will always refund its customers using the same payment method that Buyers used for paying for their order. NO EXCEPTIONS. Moonbys is never responsible for refunds or cancelations made to external vendors sales/stores.
- Revisions/refunds to deliveries can be performed by Vendors and Customers based on the Vendor’s store and their established terms. Vendors may determine the amount of revisions/refunds they wish to offer, including no revisions and/or no refunds. Moonbys is never responsible for what external Vendors deliver to their customers and/or when external Vendors decide to accept revisions/refunds on their products or services.
- Requests for revisions/refunds can be performed through the Vendor’s Store and their customer support tools, if vendors decide to offer these services. Moonbys is only responsible for revisions/refunds on products and services offered directly by us and for our vendor membership plans.
- Moonbys offers order cancellations and refunds on products and services that are offered directly by Us. We will cancel orders before they are delivered and refund payments directly to customers. Refunds will always be made to the same account that customers used for their payment and with the same currency. We offer refunds on our own products and services after they have been delivered, but requests must be made before seven natural days. These requests must have a valid reason and if we require a product to be sent back, Buyers will be responsible for shipping expenses or any fees. We do not offer refunds on Vendor membership plans, but memberships can be cancelled at any time. We will never exchange any currency, make refunds on a different currency that a customer paid in or refund money to different accounts or different customers/users/vendors. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Orders are not eligible to be canceled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by Moonbys. All of the services and products offered directly by Us, will always be properly described in the our Store or product/service page. You may rate your experience with Us or with any Vendor, including the overall level of service and/or quality received. Moonbys is never responsible for the quality of service and materials delivered by external vendors who have a store in our Site.
- Moonbys encourages Buyers and Sellers to resolve service disputes mutually using the Site’s tools and Store’s Customer Support. Moonbys will not be responsbile for solving disputes or for any problems between external vendors and their customers.
- Eligibility for requests to Moonbys to cancel an order will be assessed by our Customer Support team based on a number of factors, including violations of our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards, general misconduct, and improper usage of the Moonbys system.
- Please remember that orders cannot be partially canceled.
- Any non-permitted usage of Moonbys encountered during an Order, after being reviewed by our Customer Support team, may result in the order being canceled. This includes, but not limited to; harassment, unlawful behavior, or other violations of Moonbys’ Terms of Service.
- Moonbys may make changes to these Payment Terms and Conditions from time to time. When these changes are made, Moonbys will make a new copy of the terms available on this page and we will also let our users know about the changes via email or in our platform.
- You understand and agree that if you use Moonbys after the date on which the Payment Terms and Conditions have changed, Moonbys will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Payment Terms and Conditions.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER MOONBYS NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH MOONBYS MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL MOONBYS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, CRYPTOCURRENCY VOLATILITY, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY OMISSION (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.