Welcome to Moonbys.com
These are our Terms of Service
Last updated: April 4, 2021
The following terms of service, govern your access to and use of the Moonbys website, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through www.moonbys.com (the “Site”). Moonbys and its subsidiaries are collectively referred here to as “Moonbys”, “we” or “us” and “you”, “buyer”, “customer”, “seller”, “vendor” or “user” means you as an user of the Site. Please read the Terms of Service carefully before you start to use the Site.
Moonbys is an online marketplace that offers different programming services, online marketing services and digital products. Moonbys also allows its users to become vendors and to create their own online stores. Moonbys provides its registered vendors with useful tools for managing their own stores. These tools include a professional storefront, store branding, store analytics, inventory management tools, invoicing tools, user friendly dashboard, tools for managing/processing orders, customer support tools, taxing tools, shipping management tools and customer management tools.
Moonbys allows its users to purchase and sell products or services with typical bank transfers, with Stripe and with some cryptocurrencies.
Moonbys is never an intermediary, when it comes to orders. Buyers will make payments for their orders by choosing their preffered method of payment and depositing their funds into the vendors’ bank accounts, the vendors’ Stripe accounts or the vendors’ cryptocurrency wallets. Moonbys never holds any of these funds and never receives any funds from buyers. Vendors are fully responsible for receiving their customer payments into their own accounts, invoicing their customers, taxing their customers, tracking their orders/payments, shipping their products or delivering their services and for completing their orders.
Moonbys does not allow the publication of illegal products or services. We will always verify vendors and we will review all products and services before they go live, to make sure that they meet our guidelines. Moonbys is not responsible for any illegal activities that its users may be involved in and if necessary, we will work with authorities to solve any problems.
This Site is offered and available to users worldwide, who are 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 you may not use this Site or any of Moonbys services. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site.
Our Customer Support team is ready to solve any doubts or if you have any questions regarding our tools, the Site or our Terms of Service. Contacting our Customer Support team can be performed by submitting a form here. The original language of these Terms of Service, as well as all other texts throughout the Site, is English. Moonbys makes available this translation for convenience only. In case of conflicts between the original English version and any translation, the English version shall prevail.
Main terms (Simple is always better!)
- Only registered users may buy and sell on Moonbys. Registration is completely free for Buyers and Vendors must choose a membership plan. In registering for an account, you agree to provide us with accurate, complete and updated information and must not create an account for fraudulent or misleading purposes. You are solely responsible for any activity on your account and for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your password. We are not liable for any acts or omissions by you in connection with your account.
- Products and services on Moonbys, may be offered at any price and each seller or customer must pay close attention to fluctuation in cryptocurrency prices (if they choose to use this method of payment). Moonbys’ main currency is the GBP-British Sterling Pound-£. Cryptocurrency prices are established with the help of an external API and data is updated at least once each hour. Since Moonbys never handles any of the payments or funds issued by buyers to vendors, Moonbys is never involved in any currency exchange.
- Vendors pay Moonbys depending on the membership plan that they choose. (see Payment Terms and seller membership plans). Moonbys also offers its own products and services in its official stores within the Site. (These stores let visitors know that they are a Moonbys subsidiary, in their store’s “About” section)
- Buyers only have to pay for their purchased products or services, transaction or blockchain fees and shipping costs, if any of these apply. Buyers do not pay anything to Moonbys when purchasing from external vendors. Transaction or blockchains fees are not established by Moonbys, these will depend on the payment method selected when checking out, on the cryptocurrency selected as a payment method and on each vendor. Shipping costs are established by each seller/vendor and they must let their customers know about these costs, before the order is made.
- Products and services are purchased through the Vendors’ Stores and a basic online basket/checkout process. The “Add to Basket” button can be found on each product and service. The checkout process can be initialized from within the basket/cart section.
- Moonbys charges no fees to buyers or vendors in the checkout process.
- Vendors must fulfill their orders, and may not cancel orders on a regular basis or without cause. Cancelling orders will affect Vendors’ reputation and status. Vendors that do not fulfill their orders or that keep cancelling orders, may get their stores closed and accounts banned.
- Vendors get to create their Moonbys’ stores and publish three products or services for free. (2% commission on each sale is then charged by the site) Vendors can publish more products or services in their stores, by subscribing to one of Moonbys’ membership plans. Membership plans get rid of all commissions on sales and vendors’ can offer as many products or services as they wish, as long as these meet our product and service guidelines. Every vendor must become verified before starting to sell in Moonbys. Getting verified is simple, vendors will only need to provide some proof of identity or proof of their business identity. These identifications may include a passport, national id, utility bills, bank statements, proof of address, company ID and/or VAT numbers. All information used to verify either vendors or buyers, will never be shared by Moonbys with third parties, unless a government authority requests it and they have the authorization to do so. This information will never be used by Moonbys to send advertisements or newsletters, unless each user accepts to receive our emails and/or information.
- Users undertake to comply with Moonbys’ Community Standards, which are a set of behavior rules and guidelines, applicable to the Moonbys community and marketplace in addition to these Terms of Service, as updated from time to time.
- Vendors must be very careful when establishing their product or service prices, since some of their customers might choose to pay for their order with cryptocurrencies and these are very volatile. This can affect a vendor’s earnings and Moonbys will never be liable for any problems that this might cause. Moonbys is never responsbible for establishing external vendor prices on their products or services. Moonbys’ main currency is the Great British Pound and vendors should establish their prices based on this currency. (Moonbys is not liable for any errors or mistakes in setting prices. Each vendor decides and establishes their prices as they consider best for them.)
- Vendors create stores on Moonbys to allow Buyers to purchase their products or services.
- Each product or service that vendors sells, is their responsibility and vendors will always receive payments directly from their customers. Moonbys may charge a 2% commission on some orders depending on your vendor status and on your membership. Take a look at our vendor membership plans and payment terms, for more information about this.
- Vendors are responsible for pricing their products or services. Vendors must establish their prices based on Moonbys main currency (£-GBP), but they may receive payments in other currencies or criptocurrencies. Vendors must be aware of cryptocurrency volatility when publishing products or services in their stores. Vendors have full responsibility on maintaining and updating their prices. Moonbys will never be responsible if a Vendor misprices a product or service and a Buyer places an order at the published price.
- Sellers are fully responsible for establishing their shipping costs (if these apply) and for charging them to their customers. Sellers are responsible for all shipping arrangements once the Buyer has paid for their order and provides their shipping address. Moonbys does not handle or guarantee shipping, tracking, quality, and condition of items or their delivery and shall not be responsible or liable for any damages or other problems resulting from shipping. A tracking number is a great way to avoid disputes related to shipping and these should be provided by Vendors.
- Vendors are fully responsible for paying their taxes according to their local laws, for keeping all of their records and complying with their local laws.
- Moonbys will not be responsbile if a Vendor decides to cancel an order or does not deliver their product or service. The Vendor’s account and store, may suffer consequences, if orders are cancelled for no reason or if a Vendor continuosly cancels orders.
- Sellers must complete the services that they are hired for, Vendors must send products, completed files, downloadable products and/or proof of shipment or work when asked for by the Buyer. Moonbys is never reponsible for managing orders or keeping track of shipping details.
- For more information about receiving payments, withdrawals and fees, see the Payment Terms.
- Vendors may promote their Moonbys’ stores, products or services on any external platform, advertising agency, social media or in any way they consider useful. Moonbys is never responsible for any marketing campaigns, media or ads that Vendors create to promote their stores, products or services. If users involve themselves in any illegal marketing activities and/or if an authority requests it, Moonbys will ban users or close stores from our site.
- Vendor’s rating is calculated based on the order reviews posted by Buyers or Business Account Team Members. High ratings allow Vendors and their stores to appear in the featured places within our online marketplace. In certain cases, exceedingly low ratings may lead to the suspension of the Vendor’s account.
- For security concerns, Moonbys may temporarily disable a Vendor and/or their stores to prevent fraudulent or illicit activity. This may come as a result of security issues, improper behavior reported by other users, illegal marketing, illegal products, illegal services, illegal content or associating multiple Moonbys accounts to a single provider.
- Sellers are responsible for obtaining a general liability insurance policy with coverage amounts that are sufficient to cover all risks associated with the performance of their services. Moonbys is never responsible for any problems that a product or service may cause to its buyers or other people.
- Buyer accounts are completely free in Moonbys. Anyone who is older than 13 years of age, may create a Buyer account in our online marketplace. Buyers may still be required to provide some personal information for security reasons and for shipping purposes . This may include phone numbers, addresses and/or identification documents. This information (if requested) will never be shared by Moonbys with third parties, unless it is a government authority, that has the right to ask for such information. This information will be safeguarded and not used for advertising purposes. Since Moonbys is not responsbile for handling payments for vendors, we will not keep any bank account information, any Stripe information or any cryptocurrency wallet information from their buyers. Moonbys will only collect Buyers’ information, when Buyers purchase or order a product or service directly from Moonbys or one of our subsidiaries.
- Buyers may pay for their products, services and/or orders, by any means established with their selected Vendors. Communication between vendors and buyers is not a responsibility of Moonbys.
- Buyers are responsible for depositing their payments to the vendors’ accounts, depending on the chosen payment method. This is selected by buyers in the checkout process or by arrrangement with their vendors.
- Buyers who keep purchasing items and do not complete their part of the orders, may get banned from Moonbys.
- Moonbys is not responsbile and will not pay for any transaction fees, errors or for any lost funds experienced by Buyers, when ordering a product or service or for misentering an account, an email, a wallet address or a shipping address.
- Moonbys is not responsbile if a Buyer marks an order as complete, delivered or received, if the Vendor has not delivered their product or service. Moonbys is not responsbile for order management, shipping management or delivery of products and services offered by external vendors.
- Buyers must discuss refund policies with their Vendors and Moonbys is never responsible for refunding any orders or payments from external vendors.
- Moonbys does not handle or guarantee shipping, tracking, quality, and condition of items or their delivery and shall not be responsible or liable for any damages or other problems resulting from shipping. Buyers must discuss shipping terms and costs with each Vendor, before purchasing a physical product or service.
- Buyers who purchase products or services that require physical delivery, will be asked to provide a shipping address.
- Users are responsible for scanning all transferred files for viruses and malware. Moonbys will not be held responsible for any damages which might occur due to site usage, use of content or files transferred.
- When a Buyer orders a product or service, the Vendor/Seller is notified by email, as well as by notifications on the site while logged into their account.
- Once an order is made, your order will be created and given a unique Moonbys order number. You will be able to find your orders in your Customer Dashboard and in your Vendor Dashboard.
- Sellers must deliver products or complete services within established time frames. These time frames should be established in each product or service page or in the vendor stores. Buyers should always ask about delivery time frames and Vendors are obliged to deliver on time.
- Orders must be marked as complete or delivered by both Vendors and Buyers. This can be done in the orders section of either your customer dashboard or vendor dashboard.
- Vendors must send products, completed files, downloadable products and/or proof of shipment or work when asked for by the Buyer.
- We encourage our Buyers and Sellers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact Moonbys’ Customer Support department for assistance.Moonbys is not responsbile for solving problems between buyers and vendors, but we will analyze situations to determine if either a buyer or vendor is not following our guidelines and if actions by our team should be made. This may include banning buyers from our site, banning vendors and/or closing down stores and cancelling memberships.
- Users are responsible for scanning all transferred files for viruses and malware. Moonbys will not to be held responsible for any damages which might occur due to site usage, use of content or files transferred.
- Users are allowed to leave reviews on Orders after an Order is marked as complete or delivered.
- Withholding the delivery of products, services, files, or information required to complete an order, with the intent to gain favorable reviews or additional services is prohibited.
- Feedback comments given by Buyers are publicly displayed on a Vendor’s store.
- To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the Moonbys platform from users within our Community. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance Vendor ratings, or to abuse the Moonbys platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.
- Leaving a Buyer’s feedback is a basic prerogative of a Buyer. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations to our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards.
- Feedback reviews provided by Buyers while completing an Order are an essential part of the Moonbys’ rating system. Reviews demonstrate the Buyer’s overall experience with the Vendors and their products or services. Buyers are encouraged to communicate to the Vendor any concerns experienced during their active order in regards to the service provided by the Vendor.